By: Brenda Hernandez
Ingredients: 8 inch or any other size flour tortillas, one can (15oz) pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, mini pepperonis, cupcake pan, non-stick cooking spray. Optional spices such as basil, oregano, black pepper, garlic salt, and parmesan cheese for pizza sauce.
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Take out cupcake pan, and spray over the top with the non-stick cooking spray.
3) Start laying each tortilla onto each cupcake cup. You can cut the tortillas by using the same pizza sauce can, or even a cookie cutter. If you use the pizza sauce can, which is easier, press the empty can firmly onto the tortilla until it cuts through. You might want to get 3-4 tiny circles out of each tortilla.
4) Lay the tiny tortillas onto the cupcake cups and press firmly with your fingers, to make it look like a tortilla cup.
5) Now, grab the pizza sauce and drop 1-2 tbsp. onto each mini pizza. You can also add a pinch of spices to your sauce such as basil, oregano, black pepper, garlic salt, or parmesan cheese.
6) After dropping sauce onto each mini pizza, start topping it with mozzarella cheese, as much as you want. Everyone loves lots of cheese on their pizza.
7) Place, 4 mini pepperonis on top of each pizza.
*Before putting these in the oven, remember that you can add anything that you would normally like on a pizza. If I were you I’d add chopped bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions to make it a veggie pizza.
8) Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Until the cheese is melted, or when the pizzas are a golden brown.
9) Remove pizzas from oven, wait for them to cool down, and then remove each from the tray with a fork or knife.