Homemade Creamy Chocolate Frosting!
So you’ve just finished baking a cake for your friend, but forgot to buy the frosting. With this quick easy way of making creamy chocolate frosting you’ll never have to worry about what to put on top of your deserts again. This recipe is quick and easy, making it perfect to make for a quick sweet snack or for a last minute birthday cake.
Start to finish: 8-12 minutes
What You Will Need
- Six tablespoons of butter, soften
Six tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2-3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Five tablespoons evaporated milk
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- Whisk or fork
- First in a medium size bowl mix the cocoa and powder sugar. Mix using a whisk or fork.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, by whisking the butter until fluffy and smooth.
- Slowly add the evaporated milk and the cocoa/sugar mix (alternate between the two) into the large bowl with the butter. continue to whisk all ingredients together.
- Add vanilla extract into the mix and continue whisking until fluffy.
- (Optional: refrigerate over night)- Enjoy!
– If frosting is too thick, add more evaporated milk, a teaspoon at a time. – If frosting is to thin, add more sugar.