2013 has come and almost left! With 2014 approaching us in the coming weeks, people are starting to think of their New Year’s Resolutions. While almost everyone comes up with them, very few actually stick to them. Here is some ideas of how to make them and stick to them!
1. Write out your resolutions on a piece of paper.
2. Don’t make them too extreme. You should either chose one major resolution or five small ones.
-Making too many resolutions makes it easier just to get overwhelmed and to give up on all of them.
-If you want to make one major goal, make it something that is reasonable enough that you can do. For example, if you want to save money for a car, get the means to do it. Get a job, save Christmas and birthday money, etc.
-If you want to do just a bunch of little resolutions, still make it reasonable. For example, get a job, get a pet, not something like “go to Paris.”
3. Remind yourself of your goals everyday. Make it so that you are constantly reminded of them. Tell your parents or friends to remind you of them and to support you along the way. It will be a lot easier to complete them.
4. Don’t give up!!! If something goes wrong or you slip up, get back up and start from where you ended. Just because there was a bump in the road, doesn’t mean you have to give up. You’ll learn from your mistakes and it just makes it an even better learning experience.
5. Have fun! While your resolutions should be serious, make them also entertaining so you don’t lose interest.
Good luck and Happy New Year!